Orphanages for Africa is founded on prayer and faith that God works powerfully in response to prayer. We are inspired by George Müller, who relied solely on God as he cared for orphans in 19th Century England.
We're praying for God to raise up a network of believers who are committed to interceding for us, our partners and the children in their care. If you would like to be a part of this network please sign up for regular prayer updates in the box to the right. We will email you news and info on our partners' needs so that you can pray in an informed way.
We aim to keep this section updated with our current needs. Please join us in prayer that God will provide for these.
- School uniforms for the children.
- Beds, bedding, food and other supplies for the new child support center in Kamwokya.
- Funding for rent for a new children's home in Tororo.
- A funding commitment for the rent of the Kamwokya Child Support Center ($560 USD per month).
- Funding for the building of a children's home and school.
- A 4-wheel-drive double cab vehicle or van to transport children.
- $4,050 USD to refurbish a recently donated property into a house for the older boys.
- Funding for food for the new feeding programs.
- Funds for two kitchens for the feeding programs.
- Funds for chairs for the children at the feeding centers.
- Two dedicated cooks for the feeding programs.
- Financial support for the Director.
- Funding to start building on the land acquired.
- For the sewing school to begin selling women's clothing as well as the uniforms.
- For regular profits to be generated to pay the tailor.
- $557 to purchase two stoves and gas tanks for the feeding program.
- Safety from soldier threats. There is a military camp of KIBOMANGO nearby.
- Security of our children as there is no wall around the property.
- Prevention of theft of pigs.
- Ability to start chicken farming as a micro-enterprise.
- Funding for: vehicle repair, secondary school fees, school books and supplies, pigs, food, vitamins, coats, shoes, and Bibles.